My latest knitting project is the Buttony Sweater. I used Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair in Rainbow Falls colorway. The buttons are blue faux gem buttons, from Joanns.
This is a great top down, asymmetrical sweater pattern. The pattern is free and the instructions are very brief. The great thing about top down raglan sweaters, is that you can try them on as you are working.
How I made the Moonlight Mohair Sweater
- I made the body shorter than the 14″ called for.
- I made the neckline higher.
- I made the raglan 10″, this is too accommodate my larger biceps.
- I used size 8 (5.0mm) needles for the cuffs. I like my cuffs to be a little tighter.
- I left only the top portion of the sweater open. The bottom 6″ inches are worked in the round, with a faux button band, done in garter stitch. This makes the sweater a pullover.
I liked working with the Moonlight Mohair, even though Mohair does not like to be frogged. I did have to do this a couple of times.
Here I am wearing it with the top 2 buttons undone.
I got this yarn for a great price at Lionbrand. They currently have their Moonlight Mohair, in bags of 3 skeins, on sale for $6.72 each. I used 3 bags, well technically 2.2/3 bags. They have a lot of different yarns on sale. If you are looking for some great yarn, I suggest you check out their sale. 🙂